At the Alamo EDC, we work on opening up businesses in Alamo with our incentives and programs. We’re always encouraging residents and visitors to support businesses here, which is why we’re inviting you to “Meet Me in Alamo”! This is a terrific program that encourages people to shop locally in our city, so here’s how it works.
Supporting Businesses in Alamo
The Meet Me in Alamo campaign is simple. Shop or eat in Alamo at three locations and we’ll give you a free t-shirt! Here are the details:
- Keep your receipts. This can be from any business or restaurant as long as it’s in Alamo.
- Take a photo of yourself at each location and upload and tag the Alamo EDC on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Visit us, bring your receipts, and show us your social media posts to get your FREE Meet Me in Alamo shirt!
- We’ll be giving away one shirt on a first-come, first-serve basis. Participation is open to everyone and shirt sizes are subject to availability.
What Our Campaign Means
When you shop in Alamo, you help Alamo. Buying locally means:
- Helping neighbors create and sustain jobs
- Funding city services
- Investing in neighborhood development
- Promoting community and economic development near McAllen